The accurate reporting of railcar weight on shipping waybills is critical to ensuring that your shipment moves safely and efficiently on the BNSF network. Weight inaccuracies can present safety risks to BNSF personnel that are handling trains as well as operational issues resulting from resources, including crew and power, that are misaligned. Shipments can experience delays if a significant number of railcars are being rejected due to weight discrepancies.
Please adhere to the following steps to avoid inaccurate weight/tonnage reporting:
- Thoroughly inspect the car(s) prior to providing weight on shipping instructions
- Remove any remaining residue in the car(s)
- Classify appropriately a car(s) that is not being used or should be bad-ordered
- Submit shipping instructions prior to scheduled car pick up
- Confirm car(s) status, either loaded or empty, via our tracking tool
Please review your processes to ensure that car weight is being accurately reported. If you determine that a railcar has been inaccurately released, please contact BNSF Customer Support (888-428-2673) immediately so that any adjustments can be made as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF representative.
The safe and efficient movement of your freight is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF Railway as your transportation service provider.